Call for artists 2016/2017!
The Reflection Gallery is a new exhibit space in Durham seeking submissions for solo artist showings of two-dimensional, original and handcrafted works of art.
Our vision for this exhibit space is that it will:
- Draw our attention to what is beautiful and uplifting.
- Cause us to ponder the power of beauty and its purpose in our world.
- To promote dialogue between artist, art, and viewer and learn about each other.
- Provide an intersection between our congregation and the greater community amongst which we live and work.
The gallery space is located within a beautiful non-profit private institution with high foot-traffic.
The overall space and walls are generous, well-lighted, painted a neutral color, and prepared for hanging two-dimensional art via a professional gallery hanging rod –and- cable system. A five-person selection committee will jury submissions.
Artists can also apply together for a group show. All you need to do is specify in your email application by making a note of whom you are applying to exhibit with as your group; up to three artists.
The exhibits will hang for a two-month period.
THANK YOU FOR CONSIDERING EXHIBITING YOUR WORK WITH US! We appreciate your creativity and willingness to share it!
REQUIREMENTS AND CONDITIONS:
1. Original works of art, handcrafted by the artist. No reproductions or kits will be accepted.
2. Artwork must be two-dimensional.
3. All work must be of stable material fit for handling, and wired for hanging.
4. Artwork is to remain on display throughout the duration of the exhibit time frame.
5. The artist will sign an artist’s contract agreeing to the terms and conditions outlined in this invitation.
6. Insurance of the artworks covering damage or theft is the responsibility of the artist; however the Reflection Gallery will take all reasonable care and precaution of artworks while in possession of the gallery.
All applications are to be submitted via email. To apply, follow these instructions:
1. Download and complete the online application (click here for PDF, click here for Word document) and email completed application to firstname.lastname@example.org.
2. Email 5 digital (jpeg) images (one image per artwork) as attachments, a document listing artwork in corresponding order with TITLE, MEDIUM, AND DIMENSIONS, as well as an attachment with your Artist Statement and Bio.
RIGHTS AND CONDITIONS:
1. Publicity is the responsibility of the artist. The Reflection Gallery shall not photograph or reproduce artwork without permission of the artist.
2. The artist is responsible for the delivery and collection of artwork according to specified dates. Works left for any unexplained length of time will be considered abandoned and donated to charity. 3. The Gallery reserves the right to accept or decline submissions of artwork for any reason according to the discretion of the jury selection committee and the governing body of the Church of the Good Shepherd.
Contact the Exhibitions Manager, Jennifer Hahn, at 919-280-5652, or email email@example.com.